Sunday 16 October 2016

If I Were A Book

If I were a Book,
On the shelf,
I would be overjoyed to meet new people everyday.
Some would flip through,
Some would read through.

The fact that  I would enter a reader's mind, brings thrills.
The thought that one person may meet you daily, and then never again,
Makes me cry shrills.

I would swirl with joy when the winds blew in.
I would be left teary eyed if the rain came in.

How lovely would it be to alter one's thoughts
How delighting would it be to put someone to deep slumber.
To some I would bring wonders and to others, thunder.

If I were a Book, My friend,
I would be called an 'addiction' by some
I would go along with decoction at home.
If I were a Book, My friend,
I would be be-friend-ed  like none other ally of  the own!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Evening Walks

  With birds feeding on the newly sown seeds,  And squirrels hopping around to find nuts,    I dance away in my mind,                ...

Reader's Choice